Whitelist email from Julie
Because email services have taken very strong measures to fight spam, some emails from JulieKaminski.com or The Walking Book Club might be mistakenly routed to your spam filter, or otherwise sent to a folder like “promotions” in Gmail. That means you may never see your Walking Book Club activity guide. These simple steps will help you receive email from me!
To ensure you never miss an email from me, you must train your email program (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook etc.) to deliver these messages to your primary inbox. This requires adding JulieKaminski.com to a “whitelist.”
It’s always good practice to regularly check your spam filter for important messages and mark them “not spam” or “not junk”, which automatically adds the sender to the whitelist.
Find your email app below and follow these simple instructions:
- Check your Gmail spam folder for email from JulieKaminski.com. Select any you find and click the “Not Spam” button. This action approves those addresses.
- Open an email from each of those addresses
- Click on the down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply”
- Click “Add JulieKaminski.com to Contacts list”
Apple Mail and OSX:
- Highlight or open email from JulieKaminski.com in the junk folder and click “Not Junk” at the top of screen
- Go to Mail > Preferences and open Rules tab
- Select “Add Rule”
- Name rule such as “Email from JulieKaminski.com”
- Create a rule: “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and paste in “JulieKaminski.com”
- Select “Move message’ to mailbox ‘Inbox’”
- Click “OK”
- If you find email from JulieKaminski.com in your “Yahoo! bulk” folder, open them and click “Not Spam”
- Check your “Blocked Addresses” list in “Settings,” and select any mail from JulieKaminski.com and click “Remove Block”
- Open Yahoo! Mail and click on the Gear, select “Settings” in the upper right-hand corner or “…More” icon in the Navigation bar
- Select “Filters” (in the bottom left corner), or select “Filter Emails Like This…”
- On the Filters page, click “Add”
- Select “From header” and add “contains” and JulieKaminski.com
- Click the “Choose Folder” pull-down menu and select “Inbox”
- Select Add Filter or Save
- Click Options on the Tools menu
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
- Click Add on the Safe Senders tab
- Add JulieKaminski.com in “Add address” field
- Click OK
- Search for email from JulieKaminski.com in the Spam folder and click “Not Spam”
- Click the Contacts link (or open your AOL Address Book)
- Click the +New button
- In the New Contact window, add JulieKaminski.com in the “Primary E-Mail 1” field
- Click Create
- Locate JulieKaminski.com in your junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk”
- Check to see if JulieKaminski.com appears in the “Blocked Senders” list. If so, select it and click on the “Remove” button.
- Open your mailbox and click “Options” in the upper right-hand corner
- At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” link
- Click on “Safe List”, which is down near the bottom
- Paste JulieKaminski.com in “Type an address or domain” field
- Click Add
- Sign into Webmail
- On the left navigation menu, click Address Book
- Click “Add Contact”
- Under the General tab, in the box under Email Address, enter JulieKaminski.com
- Click “Add” button
- If you have enabled “Restrict Incoming Email,” also do the following: Select Preferences>Select “Restrict Incoming Email”
- If “Enable Email Controls” is set to Yes, select “Allow Email” from addresses listed below
- Enter JulieKaminski.com
- Click Add
If you use a different email app, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “address book”, “safe list”, “whitelist” or “contact list”.
If email from email@example.com is in your “spam”, “bulk” or “junk” folders look for a way to indicate that it is not spam. For example by selecting the email and clicking a button such as “Not Spam” or “Not Junk”.
Become a Walking Book Club Insider – it’s free!
Enter your name and email below to become a Walking Book Club Insider. You’ll receive unique Activity Guides for each book, access to our private Facebook community, plus other insider extras so you can track your progress and make lasting change.